Following the launch of a new Single Dealer Platform (SDP), the client wanted to review the strategy for eCommerce across all asset classes and business lines. GreySpark was asked to create an evidence-based recommendation on key focus areas for the new eCommerce strategy.
GreySpark created a unique benchmarking model to provide in-depth information that still allowed proprietary markers to remain anonymous. Data was sourced from:
- Dedicated interviews with a representative group of buyside clients;
- Benchmarks from GreySpark’s annual eCommerce survey; and
- Hands-on experience working in the banks.
Final deliverables included:
- A map of the requirements of the main nine groups of SDP users (pre-trade, execution and post-trade across asset classes);
- Benchmarking of client’s SDP offering for the nine user groups against seven other leading SDPs from Tier I investment banks; and
- Conclusions from the comparison of functional capabilities and users’ priorities; an actionable recommendation for the client’s e-commerce strategy.
- GreySpark delivered a thorough, evidence-based recommendation that successfully set-up the framework for the e-commerce strategy.
- GreySpark helped the client understand the requirements and priorities of the SDP end-users, which helped better inform their strategy and planning.
- The rich set of GreySpark’s benchmarks provided confidence to the decision-makers in the bank that their strategy is built on solid assumptions.