Australasian Investment Bank
Front-office trading, Compliance, Risk Technology
Context and Objectives
Following a preliminary Pre-Trade Risk review done by GreySpark, this leading Australasian investment bank required GreySpark to perform the actual assessment for its entirety of Electronic Execution Systems (EES).
GreySpark conducted a full scope assessment including all streams involved in EES execution flow for the Bank covering Governance, Quality & Change management, Availability, Performance & Scalability and Pre Trade Risk controls. This was in turn cross referenced against proprietary information and industry best practice to advise the client on control improvements.
- EES systems execution flows by region.
- EES application cartography by Business lines and information systems architecture layers.
- Global RACI matrix and preliminary Organizational model
- Heat map, gap analysis and recommendations by stream and by business lines.
GreySpark completed the following tasks:
- Performed review with key stakeholders
- Completed gap analysis in context of execution flow and against industry benchmark
- Reported findings and recommendations as part of EES Risk Operating Committees
- Ensured all actions are flagged for follow through by Bank ORM
Key benefits to the client included:
- An independent assessment of risk management capabilities on all streams globally for APAC (AU included).
- Clear schematic and architectural representation of global exec systems flow, cartography and heat maps.
- A comprehensive series of recommendations integrated in the Bank ORM process