French Investment Bank
Cash Equities, Fixed Income, FX
Context and Objectives
- As part of a major transformation programme, the client wanted to review the technology underpinning their eTrading platform.
- Due to the progressive growth of the eCommerce platforms, many core functions had been duplicated.
- The project objectives were to accurately map the architecture to facilitate the development of technology options and to deliver a roadmap to consolidate the architecture in line with client requirements.
- Identification of the functional capabilities disseminated across the various FI & FX eCommerce applications.
- Facilitate the definition of the target functional architecture.
- Document the key architectural and technology choices.
- Validate the deliveries against industry best practices
- GreySpark deployed a team of business and technology experts to engage with the top tier venues as identified by the client.
- Interviews with both business and technical personnel were undertaken and an extensive assessment of current architecture was undertaken including the user interface technologies.
- Finally, a detailed technical analysis was undertaken in order to build a target architecture with a consolidation plan and technological options.
- The client is now able to engage with their technology organisation with a confident target architecture.
- A large scale programme was initiated involving the whole of the eCommerce IT organisation in order to deliver the required business benefits, and an architecture that is able scale quickly for future expansion of services.