Swiss Investment Bank
Front Office Equity and FID, Investment Banking
All Asset Classes
Context and Objectives
The bank identified a potential serious loss which was raised to the regulator and resulted in a substantial fine. This lead to a regulatory requirement program to provide more comprehensive controls and reporting. The immediate result was a high volume of non-targeted reports.
To meet regulatory requirements the bank started a tactical to strategic program of controls, the FO supervision dashboard being the go-to point for metrics and risk management. This included 14 key metrics at launch in 2014 with a further 21 planned for 2015.
- Single view dashboard for all front-to-back metrics identified as core to risk management (circa 35 named metrics covering IB FO).
- Data sourcing from a tactical and strategic view. Tactical data to be on-boarded with first iteration of core metrics to be provided within three months of start.
- Build of a centralised golden source of metric data.
- Design and build GUI and enable global view to a desk level.
GreySpark analysed the metrics and data sources required, which were cross referenced with available tactical and strategic data. The follow tasks were identified:
- Deliver business requirements and technical design documents based on GreySpark data analysis
- Build and design golden data source and create reporting
- Adapt tactical (Excel based) UI to format results
- Report back to the regulator
- The dashboard developed provides a single golden source and a global view of metrics for use by COOs
- The source data can be cut quickly to give a consolidated view across one or many metrics – saves time and provides data transparency
- The dashboard satisfies regulator demands and provides key control and risk management across all regions