French Investment Bank
Operations, Technology, IT Function
FX, FX Options, Precious Metals
Context and Objectives
To provide and assist the client with Technology Project Management:
- Client has an FX eCommerce platform primary focused on low latency FX trading
- The platform has undergone a significant change to enhance its performance and capabilities through continuous Agile software enhancements
- The project initiatives are largely focused on migrating to C++, core development to improve stability, and expansion into new colocation sites
Senior Consultant was able to deliver:
- Project plans for various initiatives; Perforce to SVN Migration; New York Environment Build-out; Server Consolidation.
- Clean up of depreciated components from servers, build scripts, etc.
- Kick-started process to upgrade servers across Development and Production environments.
- Initiated project to improve deployment procedures and tools.
Through previous assignments with the client, GreySpark was able to:
- Identify and understand the client requirements to a detailed level.
- Understand the need to deploy a highly skilled Senior Consultant to manage a series of new projects.
- Improve reporting and management of projects risks and issues.
- Deliver new tools and mature processes for future projects.
- Develop strong relationships with sponsors and stakeholders.
- Streamlining delivery handover to QA.
- Improved platform stability from DoS Attack.
- Improved latency performance of Market Adaptors.
- Improved ease of deployment.
- Improved latency by collocating adjacent to US customers and data providers.
- Reduced complexity of environments.
- Improved platform performance through upgrades and component consolidation