GreySpark’s Technology Practice has a deep understanding of not only the technology currently available and in use today, but also the trends and innovations that our clients will be using in the future. In a fast-paced industry where technology can be the differentiator, we make it our business to help our financial services clients succeed through the adoption of modern computing tools, techniques and approaches.
Our team of consultants are focussed on a number of services within the capital markets technology space, ranging from small, focussed, advisory engagements to architecture, design, development and operations projects. The Technology Practice’s current focus is on:
- Cloud-native application architectures and microservices
- DevOps & CI/CD from the infrastructure layer up to the application tier
- Building and designing infrastructure-agnostic containerised compute fabrics using modern tooling and techniques
- Cybersecurity and IT risk management
- Automation, measurement and monitoring solutions
- SDLC advisory and enterprise agile adoption.
At GreySpark Partners, you are empowered to take ownership of your work and intellectual development and to build a network that will further your career ambitions. We offer a clearly defined career path and apply a meritocratic process in promoting the next tranche of leaders in our growing firm. You will have the opportunity to work in a team-focused, dynamic business that recognises success.
As a Consultant, you will be advising clients on technology, tools and processes as well as implementing best practice solutions within the client environment. Types of projects could include:
- Infrastructure-as-code / Immutable infrastructure
- CI/CD pipeline design for hardware, OS, and app release management
- Containerisation and container clustering
- Elastic scalability
- Zero downtime deployment and release management
- Datacentre to cloud migration
The ideal candidate must possess both the hard and soft skills required to act as a professional advisor, and to build and deliver technology solutions. Substantial experience as a DevOps engineer / Unix SA is essential with knowledge of some or all of the following a benefit:
- Advanced Linux / Windows systems administration
- Kubernetes / OpenShift
- Jenkins or other CI tools
- Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc
- Bash, PowerShell or Python
- Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Azure
Minimum bachelor degree or equivalent