The client had a co-located trading platform which was no longer competitive. The main goals of the project were to:
- Analyse and identify bottlenecks in the existing architecture;
- Improve end-to-end latency; and
- Advise on the type/location of hardware and the most efficient front-end and trading system.
After an initial analysis of the legacy system, the client decided to build a new platform tailored to specific needs to reduce latency and to ensure existing functionalities
The engagement was broken down into three phases and delivered using GreySpark’s bespoke methodology:
Phase 1 established a baseline through an in-depth audit of the current situation.
Phase 2 analysed areas for improvement and provided options for architecture optimisation and software improvements.
Phase 3 focused on implementation and testing functionality followed by the handover of the new solution to the client.
- A bespoke designed and developed trading platform;
- Full system documentation and performance reports to enable client management of the platform; and
- Ad-hoc support on an ongoing basis.
- The client received a new platform tailored specifically to its needs and designed in conjunction with the expert advice and experience of GreySpark.
- Post-implementation analysis proved that the system performed better than similar, off-the-shelf products.
- The client can rely on GreySpark to provide ongoing L1 to L3 support of the platform.