The OpRisk Dashboard is an existing solution developed in-house, used to log a wide range of risk metrics from 50+ data sources, which are exported to a report and presented to COOs of certain businesses on a weekly/monthly basis. New businesses were required to be covered in the report based on a set of rules, without conflicting with existing rules.
- Using a set of rules, filter raw data to be uploaded to a database;
- Liaise with business COOs to ensure each trade’s book/desk is assigned to the correct business;
- Include checks for data quality and integrity;
- Test data for each month against external reports; and
- Update documentation to include the new rules for each data source.
A GreySpark Analyst Consultant applied the following approach to the client’s problem:
- Plans were set out for development testing and user acceptance testing.
- The Analyst Consultant worked with the developer to make necessary tweaks to the tool to accommodate changes.
- Any required data that wasn’t received as part of the existing process was sourced, ensuring data was included for future weeks/months.
- Upon completion of testing, all results were verified with stakeholders before final sign-off.
- A dashboard equipped to handle new rules;
- A data gathering process structurally improved and refined to reflect the client’s rules; and
- Fully updated and overhauled documentation.
- The client was able to reliably oversee areas of risk on a wider scale and was able to implement an extension to the existing tool that made all processes more efficient and streamlined.